Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Not much time for posting in the last few days sorry. Typical work day at harvest starts at 7am and finishes around midnight. Some days I have to spend a bit of time in the office doing grain pricing, organising logisitics etc and when that happens I quickly sneak a few photos on to the blog. The last few days however have all been out in the field dealing with the multiude of unexpected events that always get thrown up arond so many pieces of big machinery operating. I have been taking plenty of photos though and will get some on soon say stay tuned. Three days in a row of 40 degree weather and three more to follow have meant that all the grain is ready and we are on track for one of our earliest finishes to harvest ever. We move to some bread wheat today before finishing the wheat with a couple more days of durum. Two or three days of chickpeas will wind every thing up by early next week if everything goes to plan. Yields have been all over the place this year with some paddocks being well above our long term average and some well below. A lot of analysis will be needed when it is all over to try and work out what has been going on.

3 comments:

  1. Good going Richard. NOAA/GFS model seems have a diurnal flop from either little to 100mm for here early next week, the latter will suit our sorghum. Have been selling a little into the spike in CBOT with an easing of the dollars upward march to parity. See Broun Armidale have bid up for F1 at Ouyen I could prob buy it closer eg Oatlands 130's.Holding off cattle movements until this 44c stuff goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how I came across your blog Richard... Being a keen blogger myself, I really enjoyed your stories and the photos are so beautiful! You will have to give it another this harvest!! I must admit though, I really dont understand much of the lingo, but do enjoy looking at photos!!! :) Jodi Dolbel

    ReplyDelete