Saturday, November 14, 2009

The photo below was taken from the top of our elevator tower yesterday. This block did not yield nearly as well as I had hoped.
Below is a picture of what takes up most of my time during harvest. Dealing with the unexpected things that continually crop up. Here I am fixing an auger that takes grain out of the road delivery pit at our silos. Matt Crumbley (in the disco singlet) who has been working with us for about 4 years now is helping me.
Taken this morning from the top of the elevator tower while everything was being made ready for the day ahead.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. All finished here Richard,the wheat crop was what we expected Gregory, Ventura and Livingston all performed well. The chickpea was a bit disappointing; I suspect it took the late heat a bit hard. 3 headers now at Forbes, 1 at Coolamon and the one that stayed to finish the small seed blocks and a sticky paddock back at Edgeroi unemployed. The sixth still sitting where it burnt. How fast can your storage receive grain, there is a 12000t storage next to me with several thousand tonne ground heap as I assume augers cant keep grain away during harvest. We are currently lifting silobags of grain.

    ReplyDelete